calibox

I’m in the midst of moving, as evidenced by the towering bins and boxes and all manner of packing material strewn about. I’ve only recently started listening to podcasts, excluding the occasional NPR. Every morning I try to do a quick news browse (usually via the Guardian app on my phone or my twitter feed), save a few stories and longer pieces to my Instapaper for later reading, and set about my day. I don’t have a lot of time to dawdle in the mornings, but my mornings aren’t exactly strenuous. Are they demanding? Sure, in the sense that I must make time for some heavy duty play, get breakfast together for everyone, and do some yoga for my back. Okay, my mornings are pretty great (arthritis pain notwithstanding), but I do miss catching up on news and entertainment, which is why I’m falling for podcasts. Especially right now, as finding a moment to read is seemingly impossible.

As far as vegan podcasts, I’ve been making my way through the archives of the Food for Thought Podcast and Our Hen House. I would love more recommendations! What are your favorite podcasts? They don’t have to just be vegan focused, although please do share those!

I would also like to mention that I have an affiliate link in the side bar over there —>

It’s Vegan Cuts, which I have blogged about before, a vegan marketplace with wonderful discounts and a great variety of products. If you purchase something using the link, I get a small kick back. This isn’t a for-profit blog. It’s a hobby, and I have never wanted to fill my side bars with advertisements and sponsors, but this seemed like a reasonable opportunity to promote a company I actually use and that I think deserves exposure, while possibly making a few bucks for myself.

Vegan Cuts

As well as a market place full of goodies, they offer a monthly subscription snack box, which I don’t get (yet), and a subscription beauty box.  I’ve received the first two, July and August, and it is such an incredible value. I would say that about 80% of the products that come in the box have been right in my wheel house of things I would want to try or buy, and the other 20% have been more the kind of things my much girlier daughter has loved (example: pinky-coral full-sized LVX nail polish, not my thing, but Miette sure did squeal with delight when I decided it could be her new pedicure polish). The variety is great, and I have integrated a few things into my daily routine already, such as the Relogy Targeted Spot Treatment, the Schmidt’s Bergamot Lime Deodorant, and the Lippy Girl Extra Virgin Lip Gloss. At the moment, we are running a pretty tight budget, so I’ve decided that this is my monthly “treat.” The days running up to its arrival, I can be found panting like an excited dog waiting by the mail box. If you are into discovering new products (all vegan and cruelty free, of course), this should be on your radar.

 

Advertisements