I am off to a slow start! Last week, I managed to hit three goals (out of seven!): cupcakes, no phone before bed, and working on hand-lettering. However, some of my other goals are progressing, as I made juice for breakfast multiple times, and fit in morning stretching about half of the week. I completely failed at not eating out and I barely touched (no pun intended) the theremin. Now, I can make excuses, but instead I’m just going to put them right at the top of the list for this next week. So, the WEEK 2 GOALS are as follows:
- NO EATING OUT – I can’t afford it physically or financially, and I need to learn to better plan for those inevitable hectic days.
- Practice the theremin – three hours was probably unrealistic last week. This week, I’ll shoot for half that.
- Keep making juice for breakfast, and maybe even introduce Cia to his first green juice this week if he seems interested.
- Stretching every morning, and this week, add in the Aerial Arms exercises from Sarah over at Sillygrrl.com. Shooting for three times a week, to start. As I type this, my arms are so sore from gymnastics, and it has become very obvious that I am going to need some supplemental work outs if I am ever going to reach my larger physical goals.
- Blog regularly. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday seem reasonable.
- Make Valentine’s Day cards with Miette.
- Read a graphic novel.
This first week (and a few days, I know, I’m late with this) was a little difficult for me, as I had a flare up of some health problems that have been plaguing me quite some time. I finally accepted that to ignore these seemingly systemic issues and not try to get a diagnosis was not the same as not being sick. Oh, denial! You are a wicked one. So I’m off to the rheumatologist this week, and making that appointment last week has managed to turn dread into a bit of contentment in that I am proud of myself for finally putting my health at the forefront.
What’s everyone else working on for the upcoming week?